It takes a lot to seduce me in an olfactory kind of way. I have very specific thoughts on scent, and not enough words to describe them. In essence, I like what I like. And lately I’ve been liking something very much. The Library of Fragrance, Amber. That’s it. Nothing fancy. Just Amber. And it is all kinds of sexy heaven. I officially heart it. It’s that little bit of sexy within many fragrances that I have that I just wish I could amplify. And guess what? Now I can! This is perfect to deepen the mood of other perfumes, to wear alone, or to really create a bit of scent alchemy with!
My tastes tend to be dark and deep, but can venture to sugary sweet on the occasion, but this one captures the rounded sexiness. All in all, I’m terrible at describing this, so let’s throw the gauntlet over to The Library of Fragrance themselves, who have a more complete, and terribly accurate description.

“Envelop yourself in our version of this exotic and alluring scent.
Amber is fossilized tree resin that has taken millions of years to form - in fact, most of the world's amber is thought to be between 30-90 million years old. The scent of this aromatic resin is recreated in perfumery by blending vanilla, benzoin and labdanum and it is used to add a sweet, woody and creamy depth to fragrances. Labelled an aphrodisiac with mystical powers, this rich, honey-like, scent is gently dusted with earth and sensual oriental hints. Warm and aromatic, it evokes a subtle, spicy atmosphere of twilight.”

If you like deep, sensuous scents, this is the one for you. If not, I’ve a review of Moonbeam coming very soon.

Much love, Ani x