Hola all!
To get back in the general swing of one of my favourite things, aka writing, it seemed perfect to write about my favourites for June. I know I haven't written since the end of May, but writing is never far from my mind. June has been a month where I have loved contouring in all its forms - both subtle and dramatic. I find that with this I tend to not need too much foundation, and that I generally look more polished and groomed.
First up, in this lovely weather we have been enjoying, the Piz Buin Ultra Light 30, which does exactly what it says on the tube: the texture is fluid and dry to the touch, making it perfect for layering over moisturiser/ serums, and for then applying the next product - the Max Factor Facefinity Primer. This is my most favourite primer ever - I think the reason I like it is because it strikes me as a skincare-makeup hybrid. A lovely soft texture, not siliconey at all, that just sinks into the skin. Unlike most primers, which I get excited about at first, and then realise they do next to nothing, this one I have been using daily for a good month or so, and I have to say it really helps to keep my make up on at least until afternoon tea time! The bullet-stick-like-thing you can see next to the primer is the Becca Stick Foundation in Molasses, and is my go-to for contouring these days. Easily more blendable and believable than a powder contour, I use this after primer and before foundation, quite heavily layering it on and then blending with my Real Techniques sponge, before applying a mixture of Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation in Cashew Beige, which has fabulous, flawless finish, with brilliant staying powder, and Becca's Luminous Skin Colour in Toast, which lifts the face and adds the shot of yellow I need for my particular complexion. Together these have been my go-to base since I purchased them from Sandra at The Black Pearl Blog. Lastly, we have the Givenchy Matissime Powder in Mat Nude, which I use only on the parts of my face that I want to keep lighter - the parts where you would place highlighter.  Altogether, these are my June Faves, and they create quite a lovely face!
Lots of Love,
Ani x