Skincare probably is my Everest - I love it, but it is a never-ending climb. I doubt very much that I'll ever just stop and think ahhhh I don't need anymore new skincare. Because I always do. And I'm pretty sure I always will. Summer proves an odd one for my skin - if I don't hydrate enough (both from the inside and out) I have eczema patches appear under my eyes and on my lips. But I also have oily skin, so keeping that balanced is one of my key issues. Additionally, a little sun always does wonders for my skin, but obviously, SPF is needed, and mine being once a day UVA and UBV doesn't leave a lot of room for the sun to break through. Today I thought I would share the little saviours I am currently using to soothe summer skin.
My go-to clay mask is the Quick Fix Calming Clay Mask for Red and Sensitive Skin. I have the complete set of Quick Fix Mask, as well as numerous others, and this tends to be my fave. Unlike many clay masks, this is slightly thinner, doesn't dry hard or feel cloying on the skin, and as my sister says, "doesn't make you feel dehydrated." This tends to calm the skin quickly, as opposed to aiming to draw out the impurities in an aggressive way as many clay masks do. Next up, my second fave from Quick Fix - the Mega Moisture Gel Mask for Dry and Thirsty Skin. This is a gel consistency that again doesn't dry, but aims to cool and hydrate the skin, and is nothing short of a miracle worker for plumping parched skin. The Lush Mask of Magnaminty is one that is always in my stash. Another clay-based mask, this time thick, green and unctuous. With honey, peppermint and evening primrose, this soothes, cools and comforts the skin and also doubles up as an exfoliator when you wash it off. Last of all the Avene Soothing Mask - a sample that I have used once and am pretty impressed with - soft and soothing, perfect for summer.
Much love,
Ani x