My day-to-day, evening-to-evening look is always Kimmy K - it's a look I can pare down, or amp up, and suits my features and proportions, so the Kimmy K make-up is forever here to stay. I do, however, love a bit of the old J Lo. Her base palette is always so tonal, and her eyes the focus - something I love to do myself.
For this look, the make up is less contoured, and more skin-like that with Kimmy K. In actual fact, although this is what seems to be a simple look, it is harder than Kimmy K's. The hardest part is imparting the skin with light in the way that J Lo's is - it just seems to glow from within, in a very healthy way.
What I used face:
- EX1 concealer in the D300, in a triangle under the eyes, with Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Make Up in 2WN1 as the foundation, lightly buffed into the skin. Blemishes and scars were covered with Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Dark.
- Highlighting using Bourjois Happy Light Concealer in 21 Ivoire, under the eyes, down the bridge of the nose and middle of the chin.
- All of this was then set with Ben NYE Banana powder before the powder products were added.
- Contouring the hollow of the cheeks, sides of the nose, hairline and jawline was done with Natural Collection's Crushed Walnut Eyeshadow.
- Highlight was added on top of the light concealer firstly with Kiko Soft Light Powder in 02, then the more in-your-face ELF Bronzer in Luminance.
- Last on the face - blush: Bourjois Cream Blush 01 Nude Velvet, topped off with Rimmel's Santa rose.
- All set with Vichy's Dermablend Setting Powder.
What I used eyes:
- Base of Naturals Collection in Crushed Walnut, topped with Rimmel's Scandaleyes in Bootleg Brown.
- Eyes were rimmed - top and bottom lash and waterlines with Rimmel Soft Khol Liner in Jet Black, and smudged out.
- Lashes were volumised with L'oreal Voluminous and Sleek's Full Fat Lash Mascara.
Last of all, lips:
- Rimmel's Birthday Suit.
And that was as close as I could get!
Much Love, Ani x