Hola Munchkins!
Last Christmas (2012) I received a Givenchy Noir Couture Mascara, and - long story cut short - I used it right up until this Christmas (shock, horror, eek!!).  I love a good mascara - my criteria is thick, dark and voluminous.  My first foray into the world of expensive mascaras was Diorshow Blackout - I still reminisce fondly.  Then along came Dior Extase, and again I was smitten - Dior do my kinda lashes very, very well.  And then the lovely Givenchy.
As it had been a year since my last high-end mascara, I decided to treat myself in duty free, but shock of all shocks, nothing enticed me, and the prices were very, very similar to the regular prices.  What I ended up with in the end was one mascara I had never heard of - Mascara Princess BOB, and Revlon's Lash Potion.  Lash Potion I had seen on blogs before, and after using it for about a week, I have to say it really is quite wonderful.  Firstly, completely judging a book by its cover, but the "cover" is beautiful!! Bright and girlie, it appeals right to the heart of my shiny self and my eyes!  The brush is a big, fat fibre brush - my favourite kind, and easily coats the lashes with inky pigment, leaving thickened, darkened, voluminous lashes.
The Mascara Princess BOB was actually a Sri Lankan find - of course the name appealed to me straight off the bat, but actually both the brush and formula are lovely.  The brush is a thinner fibre brush that really works its way into the roots and base of the lashes, darkening the lash for a framed-eyed look.
All in all, I love these two mascaras - they are much better than the random 10 or so I picked up during last year, and look wonderful layered together on their own =).
Love Ani x