Hola Munchkins!
This month I've actually found it pretty easy to pick my faves.  As you may know, I have had kidney issues this month, and from previous experience I know that skin goes a litttttle haywire if the kidneys aren't working perfectly.  However, and I don't know if this is due to the IV fluids I've had in the hospital OR the fact that I've been extra nice to my skin in anticipation of it going haywire OR the fact I had to make sure I was drinking ridiculous amounts of water, but my skin is pretty good atm (touch wood).  I actually didn't notice this until I put foundation on the other day, and could a) use my fingers for entire application and b) hardly use any foundation.  Shock!  So, in homage to my new complexion, this month's faves is very much complexion focused.
First up the Elemis Try-Enzyme Resurfacing Gel Mask, which I have just reviewed here and I absolutely adore.  I have just finished up the last of my little 15ml tube, which I have to say lasted me at least 10 applications, and is just the most perfect mask I could have asked for.  Soothing, but chemically exfoliating, resurfacing, and somehow deeply cleansing, this little wonder is the mask for you if you want a bit of everything rolled into one.  It is my most used of the month, and deservedly so.
In terms of skin recovery, more Elemis!  The Pro-Collagen Cream, Oxygenating Night Cream, and Pro-Collagen Neck and Bust cream have provided my skin with much needed moisture, all of which work to leave it soft and supple, and almost glowing, which is unheard of on my oily skin.
Next is the Wild About Beauty Mattifying Balm, a presi from a friend, that I looked at, thought ooooo this is interesting, but then could never get it to work for me.  Enter QVC's beauty day, and Mally, who has a very similar product - the face defender - and I saw her use the enclosed sponge to rub in the waxy balm, and press onto the skin.  Suddenly, a light switched on in my head, and I have been using the Wild About Beauty Balm in the same way, in place of a foundation primer and OMG it is beautiful.  It really evens out skintone and texture, allowing foundation to go onto a velvety base that actually seems to grab hold of the foundation, helping a lot with oil control and wear time.
Now, toners.  Toners have never been a love of mine - my skincare routine is super extensive, and it was a step I felt like I could just skip.  Howevver, after a concerted toner effort this month I *think* it's making a difference to my skin, and will continue to use a toner - this month's choice has been Clarins Toner with Iris.
Next up, I have been loving a specific issue of the Financial Times Magazine - How to Spend it - from the 4th May.  This little gem of an issue was the 24-page beauty special issue, and let me tell you, the articles within it were phenomenal.  It explored the idea of Eastern beauty 'Beauty and the East' - their technology, and how it filters into skincare.  This was one of my fave reads from the month, as well as another article within the magazine - 'Bare Faced Cheek', which explored the new textures and looks of latest base products.  Brilliant, brilliant read.


Last beauty fave - bath salts!  I don't really know why but I've had enough of bubbles, and am going old school with bath salts!
Ok, so this month's TV: Da Vinci's Demons, Hannibal and Game of Thrones.  All epic in their own ways, which Hannibal being really intriguing, Da Vinci's Demons being an interesting twist on historical fiction, and Game of Thrones just being the best.  Plus Once Upon a Time.  There are no words for this.  Just perfect for a fairy-tale fan like myself! And of course, the brilliant end to the first series of Elementary!
And that is all for this month!
Love A.x